From the Laurence Gonzaga archives... Sunday, February 1, 2009 Church and Society - Avery Cardinal Dulles Church and Society: The Laurence J. McGinley Lectures, 1988-2007 (Hardcover) Avery Cardinal Dulles, SJ Chapter 38 - Who are saved? Sold at Amazon.com here. I went into B & N to read the next few chapters of a book I started there last month by Dinesh D'Souza, What's so Great about Christianity? But, alas, they are out of stock. So, this book caught my eye. I perused through the pages of the book, as well as the Table of contents, and this chapter caught my eye. I read through it and was thoroughly impressed by this theologian's brevity and clarity in presenting this topic. I think he makes very little of his own assertions, but did well to present the established and popular treatments of the issue, as the doctrine of "extra ecclesiam nulla salus" developed over the centuries. He goes through it chronologically. He points out that early on, the...
Comments
Post a Comment